Monday, April 18, 2011

Closing my eyes and focused in dwelling in God's presence under the sky that seemed to sparkle with all the stars. I realized, I really miss His presence. 

As I closed my eyes, I saw a distant memory. I saw myself when I was young.
A small boy, innocent and simple. Living as the world leads, but I knew, God has always been by my side, never leaving me alone.

I've known Him since about 4, when my dad passed away. I'm thankful to the uncles and aunties who reached out to me and my brother.
Thankful to them, and brothers and sisters, and dear friends whom I had so much fond memories with.  

Now, I've grown.
Grown to be tall and big, and to be an independent adult. 

An adult filled with so much busy-ness, and distractions from the world.

Yet He still hasn't left me...
He's still here, despite of everything.

It's something the world can never take from me...

All the fault of not being there is of my part, and Lord, I'm broken. I'm sorry...

My life has changed so much, and I don't really like it. In-fact I hate a lot of things, but yet perhaps, this is what You want me to walk down. 
I feel I'm turning away from being a kind person, but I will not turn away from Him and what He wants me to be. 

No matter what, He will not let me wander off.

And today, beneath the never-ending patch of heaven and to You, I dedicate my life and heart to You and You alone. Guide me, lead me, protect me and help me to love others as You would want me to love them. 
My heart is Yours and Yours alone. 

I swear.

3 comments:

Shao Liang said...

Amen.

skylarmacrae said...

Thanks for sharing this... I love seeing God shine through people as they humble themselves in front of everyone. It all starts when you humble yourself quietly in front of Him. He always lifts you back up and sets your feet straight.

A Joyful Chaos said...

So glad God is ever faithful.

Thanks for sharing.