A dear buddy called recently, and we chatted on the phone for almost 2 hours. It didn't felt like 2 hours in fact that I wondd ered if my phone was faulty, being a new phone all and all.
Suddenly I missed all those times in past that I would have different people calling me and chatting through the wee of the night for hours. We'll laugh. Some of them will cry. We talk about secrets so deep I find it so shiok at times being who I am.
Thinking about it, 90% of the time, they're talking. 9% of the time are my response of Ah Ya Orh etc to show I'm awake and the remaining 1% of the time, I'm talking.
(And sometimes when I write, I'm just joking)
In life, there are some friends that I really thank God for. People who respect you for who you are. Someone who wants to be your friend because of just who you are. It's about who you really are regardless of whatever circumstances or position you are in, because of who you are.
No mask, no masquerade. No need to worry how they will look at you. No explanation needed.
No need to tell them that, because you know, and they know. Sometimes both will wonder, but that's the fun of it.
It's not standing on a stage telling someone that you are being very open, or that you are showing yourself as simple as you can, saying that you are being just who you are.
It wouldn't work, because the moment you have to do that, you're just telling them that you have to do that because they were never close to you.
...Such friends are truly rare through and through the Earth 7 times up and beneath.
...
Yet I no longer have the desire to strive to cherish such things.
I still do cherish. I do. But I don't strive to.
There are things that aren't everlasting, and human behaviours are definitely one of them. For one moment you can be close, and another moment, they'll flip like roti prata.
I'll say what I want to say, for probably that's the purpose of my call.
To let go and see the world I probably would never see, and do things I probably never would do, should I be tied down to these things that I would have if I have stubbornly hold on to.
To see the world God wants me to see, and do the things He wants me to do.
That's, me.
No comments:
Post a Comment