I had a VERY sweet dream when I woke up this Sunday morning!
I dreamt of my bestest little buddy, Raffles!
Probably cause it's Sunday which is normally my children's church day.
I dreamt of playing and bringing him out to play and had a whale of a time with him! I must have been grinning from ear to ear in my sleep man!
When I first got closer to him, I didn't know that his dad happened to be Jack Neo until a teacher told me later on. And because of him, I will always be a supporter of his dad, and I'm happy that even though so many things has happened, his dad has not given up.
There was once we asked him, "Do you know who founded Singapore?"
And this cheeky kid replied, "Yes! ME!"
He's the kid that has really touched the deepest of my heart in my life...
I miss those times when the moment he arrived, he would jump on me from the back and hug me.
I miss those times when he would keep coming to me and ask me to sit with him even when I leave him for a short moment.
I remember once when I had to do registration for several weeks outside the room and couldn't come in, he went to my leader, and "commanded" her, "I want teacher Samuel to come in." (Well done Raffles! I'm proud of you!)
I miss him saying that I'm his favorite teacher in front of all others because my Sunday truly shone like a SUN-Day.
I miss those times when his mum would come and fetch him, that his mum would mouth the words, "Thank You" to me and it makes me feel it means so much to her.
I miss those times that before my little buddy leave the room to go home, he would ALWAYS find me to give me a BIG hug.
He would buy me small little things when he goes overseas, and I miss listening to him sharing excitedly about his stories of what he had done through the week and what he plans to do...
He taught me that in loving, you will in-turn feel loved.
I really hope I was able to give him good memories for his childhood days in church... because till this day, I still remember my childhood memory of an American pastor of s small church I used to attend when I was about 5-6, and she would always ask me, "Can I give you a big hug?" and without really waiting for my reply, she would squeeze me so tightly, and I really loved it...
It was something that has always warmed my heart and deposited the love of God, and I grew up with a consciousness that God is real, because I was loved.
My little buddy graduated from the 4-6 service in December as he turns 7, after which I didn't see him for a few weeks...
On my last day of service, I was glad that he suddenly came into the room to look for me!
He told me he went overseas and that he bought something for me from there for Christmas! I was very touched, but I guess I will never see or know what it is already...
I miss my small little buddy...
"Thank you for being such a precious little buddy in my life, and thank you for loving me and showing me how to love..."
No comments:
Post a Comment